Rules and Regulations
The Fitness Center is only available for students currently enrolled in Prairie State College physical education courses. Students must present their student ID to use the Fitness Center. PSC faculty, staff, and administrators can also use the Fitness Center and must also present a current ID.
- Workout attire is required to use the Fitness Center such as shorts, sweatpants, short or long-sleeved shirts, and supportive athletic shoes with socks.
- Hosiery or tights are not acceptable for women during fitness testing.
- Unacceptable attire includes jeans, jean shorts, sandals, and boots.
- If you are unfamiliar with the use of any weights and/or weight machines, please consult staff or instruction.
- Use the appropriate amount of weights so that you do not jerk, bounce, slam, or drop weights.
- Doctor’s consent is required for blood pressure above 150/100 or when answering yes to any questions on the Par-Q.
- Weight belts are not permitted during workouts unless medically necessary.
- Children are not allowed in the workout area due to safety precautions.
- Profanity and illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Food, candy, drinks, smoking, or chewing tobacco also are prohibited.
You must have an orientation before you begin your workouts! Call for an orientation appointment at (708) 709-3779.