Sustainability at PSC
Welcome to the Sustainability Center
Prairie State College (PSC) is committed to improving and protecting the environment while promoting fiscal and social responsibility. We seek to educate students to understand the pressures facing the local and global environment and to increase awareness and understanding of the importance of a “green economy.”
Our vision is to provide the skills and knowledge needed to address the social and environmental issues important to our community and to support public policies that will contribute to an excellent quality of life, both now and in the future.
PSC's Sustainability Center was launched in 2011 and serves as a resource for students, faculty, staff, and community members interested in sustainability, including the emerging green economy, green jobs training, and energy efficiency.
Staff of the Sustainability Center seek to integrate sustainability into the daily operations of PSC through:
- modified curriculum,
- energy saving initiatives,
- behavior change campaigns,
- student engagement, and
- community outreach.
Explore the website to learn more about Sustainability @ PSC.
Going Green Around Campus
- NEW! Green Speaker Series
- NEW! 2017 Earth Month at PSC
- NEW! Kids at College Go Green! An Earth Day Celebration
- NEW! 2017 PSC BioBlitz
- 2015-16 Annual Sustainability Report Published
- PSCs Butterfly Garden
- PSCs Community Garden
- PSC Sustainability Club
- PSC Signs the Department of Energy's Workplace Charging Challenge Pledge
- Resources for faculty, students, staff and the community.
- Water Stations
- Green Parking
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Automatic Computer Shutdowns