Transfer Students


If you wish to transfer from Prairie State College to another college, you must follow the admissions procedure for the institution you wish to attend. No matter what transfer hopes and plans you might have, recognize that each college or university has its own unique policies, selection process, and admissions requirements.

It is the responsibility of students to be familiar with transfer policies at other institutions. Visit the website or obtain a catalog and application packet from the schools you are interested in attending. The PSC Counseling and Academic Advising Center can assist you in the transfer process. Contact the Transfer Coordinator at (708) 709-3508, or talk with any of PSC's advisors and counselors for more information.

A transfer student agreement (commonly called the Compact Agreement) is established with a number of public universities in Illinois. This compact states that a transfer student who has completed an associates degree based on a baccalaureate-oriented sequence is considered to have attained junior standing and to have met lower-division general educational requirements.

The Prairie State College Counseling and Academic Advising team is your connection to making a successful transfer to a four-year college or university to earn your bachelor’s degree.

"All of the counselors and advisors are dedicated to help PSC students on their journey to earning a bachelor’s degree. We encourage students to work with the advisor with whom they have the strongest connection."
–Sarah Hein, LPC, Associate Professor, Counselor/Transfer Program.

These pages are intended as resources to help PSC students transfer on for their bachelor's degree.  If you are looking for information on how to transfer into PSC, then please visit the Enrollment Services Office web page.